The time has come for you to book your flight and hotel! We are thrilled that you have decided to join us on our special week!
We recommend that you book your trip anytime during the week of Saturday January 3rd to Sunday January 11th 2015, keeping in mind that the wedding will be held Thursday January 8th and that we will be planning some group activities between Tuesday January 6th and Friday January 9th.
You will notice that we have not made a room block with Playacar Palace. The reason for this is that there were a few inconveniences with regards to the dates & prices. We will be staying there and would love to have you join us there to maximize the fun! But please feel free to book the hotel of your choice as a lot of the group activities will be held in and around Playa Del Carmen. And don’t forget, please RSVP on this website before September 30th.
For visa requirements click here.
You have three options to book your flight and hotel.
1) Book your vacation package (flight + hotel) online: Many websites allow you to book your vacation package all at once. This is the easiest and often the less expensive option. The cheapest we have seen so far is through expedia.ca (http://www.expedia.ca/p/vacation-packages), however, you may want to check on www.redtag.ca, www.selloffvacations.com, etc. Enter your destination as “Playa Del Carmen” and look for Playacar Palace in the list of resorts.
2) Book your flight and hotel separately: You may wish to book your flight through online websites such as www.expedia.ca or www.
3) Book through a local travel agency: Although you might pay a small service fee, this is the option with the least headaches because someone will take care of the booking for you! Give the travel agent the name of our hotel (Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico) and the dates you are interested in travelling and they will book your vacation package (flight + hotel) for you. Easy as 1-2-3!
** As of now, the cheapest option from all cities in Canada and the U.S. to Cancun Airport is to book a vacation package through Expedia.ca — SEE OPTION 1. (For our U.S. friends, make sure to verify expedia.ca as well as expedia.com. Prices are often much cheaper on the Canadian site!) **
If you are not fluent with booking vacations online and would rather not use a travel agent, feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you book your trip!
When booking your flights from Lebanon, it is important to keep in mind that if you have a VISA to the US, you can enter Mexico. It is also highly recommended since most layovers will most likely be in the US.
** There is no International Airport in Playa Del Carmen. The “destination airport” is Cancun’s international airport. It is located 1hr away from Playa Del Carmen. **
Options for Direct Flights to Cancun Airport:
1) Book your vacation package (flight + hotel) online: Many websites allow you to book your vacation package all at once (recommended: Expedia). This is the easiest and often the least expensive option. The best deal we’ve found so far is through EXPEDIA.CA (not Expedia.com)! Apparently they offer a “Canadian special”, make sure you choose CAD instead of USD to take advantage of it.
** When booking your vacation package it is important to check where you are doing your layover in case you need a visa. **
2) Book your flight and hotel separately: the options are endless. The most important thing here is to make sure you land in Cancun. The most cost effective way is to book your flight to the city of your choice using websites such as cheapoair.com, expedia.com, cheapair.com, skyscanner.com (and I’m sure you can find plenty of others); then book your hotel on either hotels.com, booking.com, expedia.com (or others).
3) Book a trip to the US, then flight + hotel to Playa Del Carmen: Travelling to Cancun is quite common in the US & Canada and prices are quite competitive on expedia. For example: you can book your roundtrip flight from Beirut to any city in the US, then book an all inclusive trip from there to Playa Del Carmen, for less than booking an all inclusive trip from Beirut to Playa! This option is definitely the best since it would allow you to spend New Year’s Eve in amazing places like New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Las Vegas! For more into for travelling to Playa from US or Canada, see the section above.
4) Book through a local travel agency (Nakhal/ Supreme Services/ etc…): although this is probably the most expensive one, this option is the simplest. Give the travel agency the name of the hotel and the dates you wish to book, and they will handle everything for you, but not the visa. However, since most of you are adventurers, please refer back to options 1, 2 or 3 since they are probably more affordable, and will allow you the flexibility to tailor your vacation to your liking.
** If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us as we’ve done a lot of research and have become quite accustomed.**